Re: Injector parts from China for M35

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 14:38:41 PST

At some point the government has to figure out if it is in the best
interest of the country to allow virtually all of the manufactuturing
base of this country to go overseas. If we aren't willing to protect
ourselves from incursions by foreign countries that wish to take over
our jobs, I think we need to rethink what is really important.

Nothing is immune to this problem. Along with the manufacturing jobs
goes a raft of whitecollar jobs as well.

China is predicted to exceed India in software production in the next 10
years or so.

This is as much of a national security issue as securing the borders.
Unfortunately apparently the Bush administation doesn't think that is
very important either.

Our track record as a country is not very good at preventing major
problems before they occur. Everyone knew the levees would not hold in
New Orleans in a Cat. 5 storm, but it wasn't a real problem until New
Orleans went under. Now they are making plans to fix the levees and
level a lot of the city.

I don't know how far in the dumper the economy has to go before they get
serious about the manufacturing crisis in this country, but apparently
some big companies like GM will have to go under before anyone gets
serious about it.

I was in Flint, MI in the early 80's when unemployment was 42% and it
was very sad. It reminded me of the pictures from the great
depresssion. People used to wander through the parking lot outside of
my apartment building looking for partially used cigarettes laying on
the ground.

Want to buy a big house near Detroit?? Just wait for about a year.

Don't think it will affect you? Just think about all of the products
and services consumed by 9 GM plants and 8 Ford plants and all of the
support companies based around those plants.

The Shxt is about to hit the fan.

So buy some American made stuff so I can fuel my M51. (;->) (MV content)

Dave