Re: DOT *sigh*

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 17:54:24 PST

At 11:46 PM +0000 12/14/05, timothy.smith1@att.net wrote:
>I've been reading with great interest and
>laughing to myself about all the cock &
>bullshirt about DOT being published on this
>list. Some of you seem to know what you're
>talking about and others of you are so far off
>the mark, it's incredible.

Timothy, in my speaking to the FMCSA folks both
in the Atlanta Office and in the DC headquarters
it's pretty clear that a lot of state agencies
only make a differentiation based on weight and

not on use of the vehicle. The Feds have been
doing what they can to make this right but it's
an uphill battle. It is only natural for some
state agents to not understand the FMCSRs because
they were just plain taught wrong.

A 30,000 Motor Coach used for a business is CDL
Class B territory. The same chassis used for an
RV is Non Commercial Class B or Class C in some
states. The key here is use of the vehicle.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)