Chinese Products

From: laptops (ltps4u@localnet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 06:27:32 PST

Lets look at this problem a bit more
I am in the computer business ( New and Used ) most all brands are from
outside the US like Dell Compaq/HP Gateway/Emachines and the list goes

on.nothing I know of is totally made here.
Tools I just wonder where most of the top brands are made.I know this the
Chinese made stuff is reasonable and when it brakes you can pitch it out but
now most of it has a full replacement warranty.A Chinese screwdriver is 1.00
a Snap On is 8.00 to 10.00 and now both have a full replacement warranty
I was in Sears and Menard's and both sell a very good looking Socket set and
Rachet they are Black in color and Lazer inscribed with the sizes in Gold
real neet looking guess what made in China.
Lot of the Parts from Auto Zone and Advance Auto and it wouldn't surprise me
if NAPA was the same are China and other outside US manufactor.So when you
go get stuff for the Mil Veh you get import stuff.
Look at Delphi Parts that supplied stuff to GM its now Brankrupt.GM is
talking Brankrupcy and Ford is also going to lay off and close some
plants..The list goes onI was in the Auto business most of my life untill I

retired 13 years ago.I remember back in the early 60's when Toyota Datsun
and others from Japan were bringing in Some very substandard Auto's in here
and sell very cheap and in 1 to 2 years they were rust buckets and the
interior whas totally worn out all were pure Junk.Now we rush to there
showrooms and buy this stuff and drive by the US manufacture showrooms.Now
all the outside of the US manufatures have plants in the US and are hurting
the old line US Auto Manufactures.Lot of the US manufatures own old line
outside US Car Manufatures.
This whole thing goes on and on and we as a country have let this happen.So
we will see whats going to happen in the next 5 years it will be intresting
Again this time my 10 cents worth
Gordon