RE: Chinese Products

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 11:08:57 PST

A little distasteful economics being taught now in college, with some MV
thrown in.

The only way out will be a write off of the US debt and a following total
run and collapse of the value of the dollar, and then in turn the collapse
of every major world currency not solidly backed by gold. (The Chinese are
buying all the gold they can get their hands on right now, wonder why). The
Chinese hold enough US treasuries (and gold) as we speak to provoke this at
any time of their choosing by flooding the market overnite with sell orders.
They hold a weapon far more powerful than their nukes. The US is countering
by preparing to issue its new currency. They already have this emergency
plan in place. There will be no deficit debt load on this new currency
since it will be wiped out in the default. The money is already printed and
ready. They know that the switch over will have to happen quickly and there
will be no time to produce the printed money once the sh*t hits the fan.
The money looks more or less the same but it is blue rather than green and
is in storage now for some time. The losers in this deal will be all those
who are *lenders* in the system, such as anyone with a 401K or other plan
based on stocks or bonds, people who hold Treasuries (who have loaned their
money to the govt) etc. They will have to consider those investments gone
as they are in all countries where a currency collapse has happened
historically. Essentially the economists will tell you that this instant
transfer of wealth back to the government from the losers who are wiped out
is what restarts the economy.

 Drastic cuts in they way we do business will be needed to avoid all this.
And for the MV content; it is assumed by the Rand Corporation synopsis that
a war will result followed by a rebuilding of most of the world. Everyone
in top positions know that severe protectionist laws allowing for trade with
other countries using an applied duty based on the difference between the US
and foreign wage scales where the product is produced, coupled with
draconian government spending cuts to begin in the next couple of years will
avert this world catastrophe that is building up. I believe that soon most
legislators will realize that the non-war solution is less painful than the
war/dollar default one. We shall see. Maybe not. Soon.

Glenn