and those Chinese ba$tard$

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 17:31:07 PST

I have noticed the MASSIVE influx of chinese products in recent years, and
have been consciously avoiding their products for a long time now. I will
say that, especially when it comes to common household goods (kitchen
utensils, flashlights, auto parts, jersey gloves, tools, etc, just about
anything), it is becoming more and more difficult to NOT buy something made
in China. Clinton opened those flood gates when he was in office, by
relaxing the trade restrictions on them. Now they are in full force. All I
can say/do is to make a conscious effort to avoid buying those goods and to
preach the word to those not knowing. I think my friends and family are
getting sick of me slamming China, but I have opened some eyes in the
process.....and now they are amazed at the volume of stuff made there, and
some have even made some attempt at avoiding their products. Most people
don't look at the origin of a product, they just shop on lowest price, and
MAYBE consider how well it is built. Granted, if you tried to buy only
goods made in the USA, you might be naked and without a home....but for now,
I think China is the one to really worry about, as they have by far the
largest volume of imports to here.

Do a search, read some articles, it doesn't look good. China is building
their military like crazy. China imports to the US are going through the
roof. Etc, Etc. Hopefully it will all go peacefully, but I think we are
still going to sacrifice our standard of living while they increase theirs,
at least in the short run. In the long run (beyond our lifetimes), their
standard of living will go up, so they will consume more, so the market will
be bigger to sell to them, etc. But for now, we may be in for some growing
pains.

Another concern, they have 1/4 of the world's population, and they were
raised to do what they were told (IMO, on communist nations/cultures). Tell
me they aren't putting themselves in a very good position, both financially
and strategically, to do some really BAD stuff to the world in their quest

What bothers me the most about giving business to China is that it is a
communist nation and therefore, the ones doing the actual work are making
peanuts and the rest is going to the communist state for ???? who knows
what. Another thing that bothers me about funding their nation is that if I
were living in China, I would be jailed, or worse, for writing this.