Re: Just go get a CDL...

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 04:02:05 PST

Here in Tennessee - at least where I went for test- they do walk around
before actual driving takes place.

 I went with my grandson to get his driving permit, we drove my pickup that
has service bed on it. a marker light on side of bed did not come on when
instructor had grandson turn lights on before instructor got in truck.
Instructor said "truck is not safe to drive" get lights repaired and come
back in 10 days. - This was after 3 hour wait.

While we were waiting I observed same instructor do walk around on truck and
trailer, looked at all lights, fire ext. made sure low air buzzer worked.
And she had the driver that brought truck try to move it while buzzer was
sounding. Had this been my truck it would have moved and they would have
made me "repair" truck.

P S - this was grandson and my second attempt, 1st time same truck was
unsafe to operate because I had sheet of note paper and pair of cotton
gloves on dash board. We went to another testing station after mandatory 10
day wait, Took about 30 minutes total time to get permit there, including
eye exam, driving test (without walk around) and wait to get actual permit
made up.

Everette