1 last CDL

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 07:21:10 PST

Ok, fellas. I don't wanna P-O the masses and frankly, I don't enjoy dealing with work-related stuff on my own time. I'm here to help if you need it and you know how to reach me.

And for some of you malcontents out there, as Christmas-time message just for you...

I don't care to be thought of by any of you as some jack-booted thug. I'd be perfectly happy talking about WWII halftracks till my fingers bleed and the keyoard is smokin'. Yes, there are some guys out there in enforcement who couldn't find their ass with both hands and a searchlight in a closet. They make things tough for all of us. Theyr drawnfrom the population that you live in, not assembled in some factory somewhere. Inept folks are everywhere, from the drive-through at the burger joint, to the guys who give you bad information about your MV. What makes dealing with law enforcement different is, you have a day in court to hash things out & get things right again....so, chatter about power-hungry cops is just plain bull shit and YOU know it.. Blow that crap outta yer barracks bag and you'll feel better. Take a pill, but I'm not interested in your complaints.

None of you have seen me in action, roadside, but I'm one of those guys who still believes most folks are interested in doing the right thing, insofar as it is possible for them at the moment, which is a pretty strong position after 25 years of law enforcement, after watching lots of people do some terribly stupid things at 70 mph, again and again and again. I don't get paid for stacking staples or programming computers. I don't get paid for picking up the garbage or delivering mail or babies. I get paid for enforceing laws. It's a thankless job and I don't expect (or require) folks that I'm dealing with to be happy to see me. I do what I can so that violators leave my company believing they've been treated fairly and impartially. That's how my world turns. My father (God rest his soul) was a judge for over thirty years and he was a damned fine one, too....sometimes to the exclusion of his family. He believed in fair and impartial judicial review and so do I. I'm proud to be his son & spend my time
at work honoring his legacy. If you gotta problem with enforcement, take it to the judge. And if you don't like the fact I'm here offering to be a source of good, correct information for you, kiss my...um...halftrack. THERE'S your MV content, brother. Take responsibility for your actions.

Safe operation of MV's IS, after all, one of the goals of the MVPA, and is certainly in the best interests of the hobby. Do as your conscience guides you while enjoying your MV. Be conscientious and be safe while doing it. But, if you know you're doing wrong and you get caught, stand up and take your punishment like a man instead of grumbling about the guy that caught you.

Nuff said..
TJ