Re: Extra Lights on Deuces

From: kurt matis (krogerma@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 08:42:30 PST

Ryan:

The hardening kit consists of 4 side panels that sit
on the top on each side of the standard bed on the
deuce and go to about 5 1/2 feet above the floor. I
always wondered what some of the extra holes were for
on the bed. The hardening kit panels bolt right in to
them. Then there are slightly peaked roof panels that
go on top (4). I can walk inside if I duck just a
little. These are very heavy panels (about 50 lbs
each) that are made of a square tube frame with
diamond grate webbing. There is heavy plexiglass
fastened to the outside and painted opaque. There are
giant locking doors on the back. I bought it so I
could make a secure little shop sort of thing inside
the truck, since I am doing construction with it right
now on some property I own.

Although I am not using this part of the hardening
kit, it also has plexiglass panels for the windshield
and side windows that mount over them and are supposed
to deflect rocks, (bullets?) and also a heavy steel
cab roof panel (to protect against anvils dropped off
buildings, maybe :-)) that mounts to the window frame
mount and to the back of the cab steel. I've never
mounted these other pieces, but I'll probably mount up
everything for next years MV show if they have it
again out here. Sorry I don't have a PIC of mine.

Anyway, John from MOFTA had a link to a PIC of a deuce
with at least the box on it. It's in the archives
somewhere, probably. He was selling them for $750.00.
I thought it was a good value for the money,
considering what I would have to go through to make
something similar. (AND IT'S ALL ORIGINAL MILITARY
STUFF!) No one can (justifiably) yell at you for
butchering an MV!!

Now where did you get those 24V lights??

-Kurt Matis
Troy, NY
1972 m35a2
1963 Walter FNBS