Re: Halftrack

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 05:00:46 PST

I have been playing with my half tracks and have removed one track from my
 parts vehicle. I was looking for the easy way out and removed the outer
half of the rear idler. My good half track had one track removed many years
 ago by someone cutting the entire read idler off at the frame. That's
quite
the job changing that out.

 Anyway I was impatient and wanted to get the track off and I remembered
 seeing a war time factory picture of a half track lifted by a crane. I
 noticed the track hanging loosely. I decided to jack up the rear frame of
 my half track and was pleasantly surprised to find the track fall loose of
 the entire roller assembly. I just pulled the track off with a little
 effort.

 Is this right? It seemed too easy. I am sure it will be more involved to
 install the track on the other vehicle once I replace the rear idler, but
I'll save those questions for later.

 Newbie's observation?
 Joe Trapp

 M35A2