Re: Clarification 2

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 15:08:36 PST

To put it in the southern states vernacular..."Be nice to the lady behind the counter. Sometimes you'll get more meat in your taco."

You guys ARE right about one important thing...and that is that the person at the goverment office, or the officer along the road doesn't necessarily know what he/she's talking about or may be trying to take the path of least resistance. On the OTHER hand he MIGHT know exactly what he's talking about.

I've heard some pretty weird stuff from some of you and so that you know, if you put it in the form of a statement, rather than a question, I didn't correct you!

We all have "senior moments" and if you guys have been sharing the private return emails I've made to your questions, you can plainly see this is a complex subject with many, MANY pitfalls. Messing up is doubly difficult when you realize later that you screwed some guy's day up unecessarily.

I have a few bad stories to tell along these lines; even one where I screwed up. But I made that one right when we got to court, killed it and as courteously as I could, apologized for all the inconvenience because I dumb-assed out....and I only waited THAT long because the interim prosecutor didn't know me well enough to be comfortable quashing the ticket beforehand on my word alone.

>From an enforcement persective I can only add this small piece of advice to everyone on both sides of the fence... and that is when you find yourself in these circumstances, try to keep an open mind and leave the ego out of it. You might learn something and you might get to teach something to someone else. Either way, you come out ahead in the long run.

TJ

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com