Re: Chalk's -Big brother? Driving

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 09:04:07 PST

--- santoken@bright.net wrote:

> Monty,
>
> I hesitated with the Government 'Owned' comment for
> just a moment, I was thinking 'publicly owned' etc.
> The reason i used the terms as i did was because the
> roads, etc would be technically owned by the gov't
> and we in turn 'control', 'own', 'insert whatever
> you want to call it here.'
>
> The other reason I worded it the way I did was
> because if I said an 'owned by the people' road,
> then sure as heck someone would say, 'If I own the
> damn road, I don't need no stinkin' license!'
+++++++
And therein lies the confusion!

Do we use the Commie version where it's owned by the
people so no ONE can use it. Or do we use the English
common law version where it's owned by the people so
everyone can use it.

The beaches of Long Island are open to EVERYONE, no
one can limit access to them, not even the owners of
the huge, expensive mansions, there are no private
beaches. Just don't go above the high-water line!

Is there really any differnce between those beaches
and the highways, other than maintenance expense?

Joe