Re: Clarification 2

From: Glenn McCalley (glenn@combatcatering.com)
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 06:32:39 PST

So what else is new?
Back during the oil embargo of the 70's in western Maryland, West VA and
western PA lots of little marginal coal sites reopened. You could weigh
anything your little heart desired -- as long as you were hauling coal.
National defense, you know. Guys were building 2 x 10 frames 3 boards high
around the beds of their dumps and poof! an 18 yard dump!
Then the oil came back and the golden age of backwoods coal hauling was
over, along with the bull market in clutches and brake linings.
Glenn.