Re: recreational vehicle

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 14:03:35 PST

Indiana, the home to most of the big RV makers, does not have a
definitive description for what an RV is. I have asked the BMV and they
tell me that I should just bring the vehicle in for them to look at and
they will know. I have searched the legal code (which is all online)
and have not found a firm definition. I think the law is intentionally
vague since Indiana tends to favor the RV industry.

If the RV industry decided that they wanted to mass produce space
shuttles, Indiana would declare them legal for use by anyone with a
drivers license. That's just the way the law works in Indiana.

The Indiana govenor is now talking about leasing the entire I-80 tollway
to a private corporation so he can get some fast cash.

I find that interesting since I didn't think the government could lease
a publicly owned road to a private entity!

Dave