Re: FRANKENMUTT was Re: $100,000 USMC Jeep

From: Mike Davidsen (mike@aspirationsoftware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 07:48:25 PST

Ron wrote:

> WOW!!!
> I think John Tennis should offer his butchered Deuces to the USMC
> in place of the FrankenMutt! A little more off the top and fenders,
> replace the steering wheel with the type favored by the ethnics who
> occasionally have to drive with handcuffs on, a low rider variable
> height hydraulic suspension and instead of 9.00x20s he uses 13 inch
> space saver spares on all four axles and paints the trucks with an
> Astro Glide based CARC and they should slide right into the Osprey.
>
> Then we'd have a brand new series of newly built surplus spares for
> our M35A2s that could be bought by HMV collectors as surplus and then
> resold by the HMV collectors to other HMV collectors. Not for profit
> you understand, just in the spirit of keeping the hobby going...... ;-p

Wow, you came up with all that by yourself? You deserve a cookie. :)

Perhaps we should focus more on restoring and saving the MVs from WWII,
Korea, Vietnam, etc. that already exist, rather than creating more
bastardized units to collect just for the sake of making a new MV. Just
my two cents.

Mike
1967 M725 ambulance