RE: C&R FFL

From: Frank Robertson (froberts@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 13:49:03 PST

This is what the ATF says about a C&R

The principal advantage of a Collector's License, therefore, is that a
collector can acquire curios or relics in interstate commerce. Although a
licensed collector may acquire and dispose of curios or relics at any
location, dispositions to nonlicensees must generally be made to residents
of the same State in which the collector is licensed. Further, A LICENSED
COLLECTOR IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENGAGE IN BUSINESS AS A DEALER IN ANY
FIREARMS, INCLUDING CURIOS OR RELICS. A FEDERAL FIREARMS DEALER'S LICENSE IS
REQUIRED FOR THIS ACTIVITY. The term "engaged in business" as applied to a
dealer in firearms refers, in part, to a person who devotes time, attention,
and labor to engaging in such activity as a regular course of trade or
business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit. Therefore,
any person intending to "engage in the business" of selling firearms,
including firearms defined by ATF as Curios or Relics, must first obtain a
dealers license. For example, if a collector acquires curios or relics for
the purpose of sale rather than to enhance a collection, the collector would
have to be licensed as a dealer in firearms under the GCA. The sole intent
and purpose of the collector's license is to enable a firearms collector to
obtain curio or relic firearms from outside his or her State of residence.

Here's a link to the ATF's Curios List

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

  Robertson Sniper Restorations Webpage Link

         http://home.midsouth.rr.com/w2sniper