Re: Volunteer Fire/Rescue Needs Help!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 09:22:25 PST

Hi Arthur,

We are customers of Motorola at the VFRD so I first went through our account rep who insisted that RVAs were never made therefore
there weren't any parts available! She almost died when I told her I had one unit in my hands and read her the part numbers & gave
her the Motorola part numbers for the mic & speaker! She then said that these were "off the list" and I would have to talk to a
government rep at Motorola who she transferred me to. He said of course they were made but without a government account he couldn't
sell any to me or even quote a price!?!? I tried the "we are a local government establishment, explained why we had the RVAs & the
Saber Rs and asked him to please help, no luck there. The phone numbers tried were 800-422-2210, this is the number that they
transferred me from sales to government sales, & 800-227-6772 which is another number that we go through for help and return
shipping labels. I also tried our repair shops in Asheville and Shelby with no luck and blank looks!

I've been on & off Batlabs many times and have left requests for help and/or sales with hardly any answers. I asked Mike Murphy &
John Panik with no luck, didn't ask Steve Haney or Brooke Clark which I'll do after this email. I've been on other email lists and
asked again with little luck. I saw a complete unit on Ebay with all parts and wiring but it went too high for my bid. The normal
SVAs go for around $50 to $75 used so I put my bid at $250 and was beat out!

These RVAs are really great pieces of work and they are strange too. The wiring diagram that I have that was included in the boxes
with the RVAs shows that the speaker wiring also includes the power wiring both going through the same cannon plug! It's even
called the power/speaker plug in the paperwork. The mic and antenna connectors are separate.

We need help with this and need it badly! I would really like to get these units installed and put to good use. We would
appreciate anything that anyone can do to help!

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"