RE: OFF TOPIC (MV)USMC M16 "enhancements" allowed ??

From: Chief Richard L Hileman II (chief@cermak.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 14:24:04 PST

        I don't know about the army's rules, but for my money I would get an
Eotech holosight. We have them on our PD M-4s and they are terrific.
Improves sighting time dramatically. Put the red dot on the target and you

will hit it. We still have the front sight, but it doesn't get in the way.
Of course I would recommend the back up iron sight if you have a flat top.
I'm kinda old school on the lasers, anything close enough to hit with a
laser you should be able hit point shooting. I don't know how cumbersome
the eotech would be on top of the carry handle. They do make a forward
mount to keep it a little lower. The new models are pretty standard with a

low intensity setting for NVG as well.

On lights, I have a surefire. It's the older model that clamps on the
barrel. It works well and wasn't that salty. Beware of the LED lights,
they are really nice but they die suddenly. Unlike a normal light that
started to dim when the batteries die, the LEDs are either working or dead
with out warning.

My two cents,

Rick