Re: tiger tanks

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 15:01:06 PST

The national guard unit here used to be tank unit they had M60s and the
state highway department asked them to stop putting them in parades because
of fear of what the weight would do to underground stuff in road -- water,
gas, etc. but was BS according to fellows who work for city.

They had rubber pads so did not damage road surface and I think highway
department was not smart enough to measure actual pressure per square inch,
my undeducted guess is that they would be less per square inch than a loaded
truck / trailer.

Everette