Re: Coke bottle (jeep) cap

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 04:23:15 PST

uh, back in the good old days we used to do that same
thing of hooking the edge of the cap onto a hard
surface and a quick smack and voila...
used primarily on "stubby" Cdn beer bottles, (only
Canadians of a certain age will remember) and of
course on the occassional pepsi/coke/etc bottles..

HOWEVER- the important thing to remember is that back
in WWII Coke came in the smaller 8oz? bottles, and
they were much stronger structurally than the new
bottles.

Even early "larger" format bottles were stronger than
today. The glass thickness, (if not quality as well)
was much greater than now.

Using this opening method on "today's" thinner bottles
(especially beer bottles which are very weak) is much
riskier (right ian??) than in the good old days.

Cheers
Monty
bring back the stubby!!!

--- International Movie Services <ims@telus.net>
wrote:

> I was demonstating the technique to the sucessful
> candidates (read
> survivors) at a basic training "smoker" way out in
> the boonies. Hit the cap
> a bit hard, bottle shattered and laid open half the
> palm of my hand. Blood
> and beer,

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com