Re: Coke bottle (jeep) cap

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 11:45:12 PST

Well the older bottles did have more glass in them since they were
actually reused - not just recycled. Coke used to rewash the bottles
and refill them.

I used to refill the vertical dispensing coke machine with the door in
the hardware store where I worked as a kid. (ages 12-17) Now they sell
those machines as antiques. Hmmmm... wonder what that makes me.

But it sounds to me like we have a technique problem here regarding the
removal of the cap.

The proper removal technique is to hold the bottle in your left hand and
place the cap on a sharp edge. Then use your left hand to impact your
left hand just behind the bottle thus forcing the bottle down and away
from the cap. Don't try and bang the capped bottle against the surface
unless you have good medical care nearby. (;->)

You newbies who are not near or beyond 50 years of age should take
special precautions the first couple times you try this. Gloves might
be a good idea. (;->)

Dave