Re: Ramstein

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 18:40:07 PST

I heard that they had made a decision to cut back within Germany but I did
not hear that they were closing all bases there. I don't think they will
close Ramstein nor Landstuhl but I could be wrong.

I watched the Navy build billions of dollars worth of different buildings
and infrastructure at the NTC in Orlando during the late eighties and then
five or six years later they got bulldozed to the ground and the Navy closed
up and moved away. Made me sick. I went back there after not being there
for two or three years and had a hard time finding my way around to my
Credit Union building, which did not get dozed but the city forced them the
remodel it to fit in with all the buildings they built there. Talk about
Government waste, geez

Sonny