WTS/WTT: 1968 M35A2 project truck

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 02:12:43 PST

I have a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 2.5-ton 6x6 "project" truck that I want
to sell or trade. I've lowered my price since the last time I posted it
for sale or trade here. This truck is located in Riverside, CA (not all
that far from L.A.).

It's one of four trucks that I bought in a GL auction a while back with
plans to keep my favorite (which happens to be an M35A2C drop-side) and
sell the rest to cover its cost, and this is the last of the ones that
I'm not keeping.

The three biggest issues that this truck has are:

1. Brake pedal goes to the floor. I have a master cylinder rebuild kit
for it, but I have not made any attempt to diagnose or fix this problem
yet. Heck, it might just be low on brake fluid, though I wouldn't count
on that.

2. I haven't gotten the engine to start yet. I've tried exactly once,
and I found that the in-tank fuel pump wasn't running. I haven't looked
any farther yet. Maybe it'll start right up once it gets fuel, or maybe
it's just plain dead. The engine has fluids in it, and no obvious issues
like connecting rods sticking out. If I recall correctly, it did crank,
but it wouldn't catch (which makes sense when it's not getting fuel).

3. The alternator is dead. Well, it was actually good when I got the
truck, but I played alternator-swap with my keeper truck to fix that
one. So, this truck will include the bad alternator from my keeper, with
all mounting hardware. I actually have an apparently rebuilt but
untested-by-me alternator sitting around, but I'm not including it in
the asking price for this truck.

Other than that, this truck is in typical ridden hard and put up wet
condition for an unrestored truck right out of military service. Maybe a
master cylinder rebuild and a spliced-in electric fuel pump from Pep
Boys is all it'll need to get running, or maybe it's a parts truck. I
truly don't know yet, and I haven't found the time or gumption to find
out yet.

It has a clear title, but is currently registered "planned
non-operational" and doesn't have license plates.

I'll throw in a NOS canvas cab top, but I don't have cab bows for this
truck. I'll also include some other misc. repair parts that it'll need,
such as a new tachometer cable, assorted new parking brake parts, a
master cylinder rebuild kit, etc.

My cash price for this truck in its current condition is a mere $2,000.
Of course, if I spend a weekend working on it and manage to fix the
major issues, I'll raise the price by another $1,000 or so. I could do
that at any time... but then I haven't done it so far in the year or two
that I've had the truck! :-)

I will also consider interesting trades. An interesting-enough trade
that's contingent on getting it running might even get me off my fat,
lazy @$$ to try to fix it, but it'd need to be really interesting with
all of the other projects gathering dust around here. :-)

Pictures and more details can be found here:

    http://www.nf6x.net/forsale/4L1095/index.html

My full wanted/for-trade list is here:

    http://www.nf6x.net/trade.html

--