Flame

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 06:43:30 PST

Guys,

Let's try to remain focused.

So far this morning I've read about The Governator, oppressed sewer pipes (and the men who laid them), trampled politicians (I guess they actually STAMPEDE!..who would have guessed?!), disemboweling the MVPA, Ted Kennedy capers (THAT's a never-ending story), etc. What's next?...transgendered midgets Nazi's and rogue elephants?

Clearly, every posting on this list can find its way out of this forum. In other words, your emails don't necessarily stop here.

If you rant; if you come across as a reactionary; if your emails sound like they were written by a nut case, then someone who is keen on characterizing former military vehicle owners as folks who cannot be trusted to tie their shoelaces without supervision WILL use your postings against the hobby.

Furthermore, (for those of you who would love to see the MVPA go the way of the Dodo bird) it is my humble opinion that now is NOT the time to undermine the only base of power we have.

If you don't like the way the MVPA is doing business, deal with it AFTER this storm has passed. If they don't perform, you'll have plenty of arguments to support your cause. But right now, solidarity is important.

As for the MVPA's involvement, or lack thereof, I recall several emails indicating the MVPA is getting involved. Am I the only one who got them?

In short, take a chill-pill. Keep your eyes and ears glued to the list. Be constructive. Be smart. If you're a reactionary nut-job, you have the right to remain silent, (that's a nice way of saying STFU) and remember, anything you say, can, and will be used against you by someone who wants to see former MV's cut up into little tiny pieces.

Flame on, brothers...I got the NOMEX underpants on.
TJ