Re: CAPITALS

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 10:50:17 PST

There is another reason to see messages in all uppercase. Sometimes,
capitals means someone is using a Real_Computer(tm) or a Real_Terminal(tm)
which is so ancient that it has only one case. Perhaps I should get the NCR
terminal out, and find the serial port modem to prove it. Now, where did I
put that list of Hayes modem commands?..

It's entirely up to the recipient to decide how to react, but they will
have to stand by their reaction.

My boss used to type in all caps when he was behaving angrily (most of the
time, as the poor fellow is driven by fear), and since I knew he was on a
windoze box, I clued him in on the shouting bit, asking him if he would
please ask me to come to his office if he was going to shout, and at least
do it to my face. No, I didn't get fired. Instead, I found a new boss,
leaving the ex boss to continue to screech at his remaining underlings.
That was about the same time that 2 other people left the group.

I found the whole thing to be humorous, in a twisted and dark sort of way,
as only those with some years behind them in both menial and corporate
environments can appreciate. If you step in something, just scrape it off
the offended shoe and go on.

PJ