RE: New to list

From: Hutterer, John (MPAU) (john.hutterer@smiths-medical.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 05:35:19 PST

Marty,

I'm a little late in responding to your post, but here goes...

If I was looking for a 6x6 to haul the load that you are talking about,
I would probably be looking at the 900 series of 5 ton trucks. They come
with the 250 hp Cummins diesel (not multifuel) and an automatic
(Allison?) transmission. They are simple, tough trucks. They have an air
over hydraulic brake system that has a lot of stopping power, and air
brake couplers at the rear. They do not have the CTIS (Central Tire
Inflation System) which I would think could get to be a maintenance
headache, and it doesn't seem like something that you would need for
your purposes. These vehicles were made as shop vans, cargo trucks, and
tractors, so you should be able to find one that fits your requirements.
I've driven the M35 deuce, the M54 5 ton tractor, and the M939 Van body
f five ton. The M939 was by far the most comfortable and powerful of the
three. Just my two cents worth.

John