RE: M1008 CUCV Break Down - Need some Help please

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 10:28:23 PST

I had a similar problem with my Plymouth... Except in the case with that
vehicle the "little bursts of power" cause the rear end to break loose
off the pavement and slide around a little! I couldn't figure out what
was wrong. Thinking it was related to the carb. Perhaps a bit of rust or
junk clogging it up, then letting a big spray of fuel in. Got a little
expert help, and it turned out to be one of the gears that meshes with
the timing chain. After 30 years of use, she started wearing very fast
in the last few. Replaced it, and she ran like a champ again.

I have no idea if that story is going to help you with a diesel engine,
however...

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Mopar Alley, MVCC, NRA, & Saint Jame's
Grenadier Member
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium