Re: M1008 CUCV Break Down - Need some Help please

From: Caleb Pal (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 10:40:46 PST

Hey,

I had similar problems a month ago. Mine was the mechanical fuel pump
failing. On the fuel filter base, there should be a black knob at the top,
with a hose going out towards the ground. This is the fuel bleeder. I took a
Corona bottle and put it at the end of this hose. Open up the bleeder, and
crank it over for 3-4 seconds. If there is a decent amount of fuel in the
bottle, then its probably not your lift pump. Its best to do it with an
assistant, so you can see the fuel squirting, but if your by yourself the
corona bottle works ok. Mine ran with out the lift pump for a few weeks. Was
hard to start in the mornings, and going around corners, it would surge like
you explained. I replaced the lift pump and no more problems.

Good luck.

Caleb