Re: Battery Additive

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 04:23:40 PST

MYDEUCEANDWILLYS@aol.com wrote:

>I would buy a new battery before i tried that stuff again, We can not see in
>side the batteries so we are guessing whether they are to far gone or not,
>usually they are, if not you may get lucky, i believe if the bat was of very
>good quality and just not maintained enough and was not far over the 4 year
>basic limit you could try it, but don't get mad when you get stranded,
>Like everything else in life if you want a quality product and or service
>there is no shortcut, just pay for it. my 2 cents, Randy out

I agree. I think having some of the stuff on hand to maybe get an old
vehicle going in order to better judge its value before buying might be
a good option, but even if the stuff does work, it only holds off the
inevitable with a very unknown failure time.

Better yet, when going to look at a potential buy, always take a battery
with!

As a dopey college student one brand of the stuff worked for me in one
case. I wouldn't want this to be considered an endorsement for relying
on the stuff though!

Marty