Re: WTB Battery Cable NOS

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 04:05:50 PST

Ed wrote:

>Does anyone have or know where to find one of the, for want of a better
>word, negative battery cables for my M-1009? I don't need the "positive"
>cable that's red in color and has the link in it. You can find them all
>over the place, Ebay and everywhere. I need the other "negative" black
>battery cable assembly, preferably NOS.
>
>If you have one for sale please contact me off list with a price to include
>shipping to 29702 zip. Thanks in advance!
>
>mojoedd@bellsouth.net

Ed, I mounted a remote aux battery in my pickup and after a lot of
research found that cable for arc welders was much more pliable,
thicker, and generally higher quality, while at the same time being
*MUCH* lower cost than "batter cable". If you end up getting some
fabricated, I highly recommend providing the fabricator with arc welding
cable (about 1/2" in diameter and with hundreds of strands, covered in
pliable rubber). IIRC, this cable is actually rated for more current
than most OEM battery cables and after 10 years of using it in my truck
I can say that it deals with the vibration etc just fine. And it costs
less!

Marty