Controller...should I say?

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 17:21:20 PST

I don't know if I should say Mike.
I earn a small portion of my living repairing them.

Down side, once I'm done, I don't see them again. They just
go ticking away as they should.

>From: "Mike Maynard" <mike@wesleyscott.com>
>Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV glow controller
>Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:34:32 -0500

>>Question 2: protect the controller
>>from overvoltage....
>>
>>They already are.

OK....question 1:
>If they already are, then why do so many fail?

The capacitors. Poor quality and age.

Question 2: Usually from too high of
>voltage on the voltage sense wire?

There is ample inherit protection from higher than normal voltage.

Another part that might go is the power transistor on the card.
Usually because someone replaces the glow solenoid with one that draws
way too much current.

Hope this helps Mike.

Great....now were arguing about glow cards in addition to carp, off topics,
CDLs, Bio everything, whether History ever happened.

God what a world....got ta love it!!

RAM....I asked George not to throw out those bad cards.
I wanted to buy them!

Glad to see you in great form Ron.....like nothing happened!

Best regards all,
It.