Re: mutt M151-A2

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 07:48:05 PST

A MUTT is a reliable vehicle for what it is. It doesn't matter what may be
wrong with it because it can be fixed with a minimum of money and/or time.
When I find one, I don't care what may be wrong with it and any issues can
be used for a bargaining chip when the deal time comes. WHAT DOES MATTER IS
BODY, BODY, AND BODY!!! Who cares if the tranny makes noise or is bad?
(the rear ends howl to high Heaven anyway) Who cares if the engine is bad or
is knocking? Or any other problem for that matter as there is not much to
them in the first place. These parts are everywhere in every surplus motor
pool! Even a novice can change these parts. (that's how it was designed in
the first place!) What does matter and the only concern is how much rust
there is in its' body. That's it! You are not buying a new family car,
Lincoln or Maserati here (are you?) and any mechanical issues are easily
corrected. Points to look for? RUST! Sorry, I have no pictures of rust
through in the frame journals to illustrate this important point so you will
have to use your own imagination here!! Julian Burke

PS, Just give me a good stripped 151 body tub and I'll do the rest!!!!