Re: FW: France Declares War on MV's

From: Jack Lee (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 17:01:28 PST

> Imagine the LST-325 pulling up to the Normandy Beach
> to load up the remaining vehicles to bring them home!

I don't know Joe, that act might be interpreted as hostile. An invasion
force of one. Given the hopelessness of this situation, France would have
no choice, but to surrender to you and then what would you do? No! Sending
a landing craft to pick up old MV stuff would just be too risky. We could
not in good conscience let a friend get stuck with that God awful place.
Remember the American motto...."Friends don't let friends, conquer France. "