Re: France MV Ban - the facts Online fro your interest

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 11:21:33 PST

Quoting Jim Cooney <triumphtrash13@eircom.net>:

> ......and eat their fries!
>
> Seriously folks Nigel is right. There are a hell of a lot of US
> Military Vehicles among other nationality vehicles in private hands
> in France and if their enthusiastic owners lose them in effect we all
> lose the history they represent and the reference information they
> provide to a lot of us in the hobby.
>
> Jim in Ireland
> M1008 CUCV & S-250 Shelter
>
> **************************************************************************************************************************
Does anyone know if parts to the banned items are also banned? All of
those MV collectors have to be hording a lot of NOS parts. And what
about the TM's for the banned items? I know we all hope this gets
repealed and they get to keep there stuff, but they might want to have

a contingency plan to get some of their investment back if it isn't.
It would be better to break them down into parts and export what they
can even if the whole cannot be exported. I sure wouldn't want to give
them to the government to be scrapped.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi