Re: *SPAM* Re: *SPAM* history - flame on shields are up with new anti-matter accessories - 1945 Marines raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 13:15:23 PST

Speaking of the Battle of Iwo Jima, there is a Movie coming out very soon
about that battle. It was Directed by Clint Eastwood & there are quite a
few of the local "Red Ball Transport Club" Military Collectors Vehicles in
it. Jim Gilmore, Past Director of the MVPA was in the picture. It was
made in Iceland because that is the only place with Lava Rock available.

Our former enemies & now supposedly our friends, the Japanese will not allow
anyone to film on Iwo Jima. Thus the usage of Iceland.

Thanks Everette, It reminded me that I wanted to tell the list about the
upcoming movie.

I do not think a discussion about the horses would be too interesting,
although we do get comments & replies from the one end of the horses fairly
often.

Question: What Military Vehicles did the Cowboys & Indians utilize ???

As far as Tractors are concerned, we used Minneapolis Moline Tractors to
pull the Wobble Wheel Rollers while building Airfields. That was when I was
serving in "SCARWAF" Special Category Army Attached With Air Force 1951 to
1953.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA, Red Ball Transport
NJ State Commander Korean War Veterans Association

NOTE: NOW STU - HIT DELETE !