Re: M-1009 Fuel Tank Cap

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 13:16:53 PST

Hi Ed,
    I'm not sure, but arn't these the same fill pipes that are used on
the big rigs?
Maybe a truck stop has one that will fit.

The other thing I was thinking of was to get one of those locks that has
the long
shackle that comes all the way out so you have two pieces. The shackle
has notches
in it so that it is adjustable.

Figure out some way to slip this over the bar on top of the existing cap
so that it is
constrained on both sides of the fill pipe.

Another idea would be to drill a hole thru that top bar so that you
could stick a locking pin
thru that was secured to the truck somehow with a lock. Be sure to seal
under neath so that
fumes don't come out.

Anyway, something to think about.

Bruce MVPA 23824