Re: *SPAM* Re: *SPAM* history - flame on shields are up with new anti-matter accessories - 1945 Marines raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi

From: Arthur Bloom (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 17:46:45 PST

Personally, my knowlege of Iwo Jima is seriously limited, and it's no fault
of anyone other than myself. Is Iwo Jima currently a Japanese territory?
When did that happen? Was it ever considered US property? Did it revert to
Japan as a result of the surrender or other treaty? I suppose I could Google
it, but I'm sure someone on this list fought there, and I personally would
enjoy hearing about it from the horse's mouth, rather than the other
terminus.

apb