Re: M1008/9 trailers

From: Dennis M. Hankey (dmhankey@grandcounty.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 12:30:01 PST

    With regards to the correct trailer for the M1009, it appears the -10
calls for a M416 with Maximum towed load of 1200lbs. I do not find and
reference of a M101 3/4 being authorized. In addition, the issue of
electrical power is not spelled out. The M1009 has an electrical receptical
plug providing 12v while all the trailers that I'm aware of support a 24v
system. Further, the ears on a 12v bulb are not the same as the ones on a
24v bulb so exchanging one of the other does not solve the power problem.

    Two issues arise. One regarding SOP and one regarding capability
outside SOP like pulling a M101 but being careful not to over load it. Can
anyone point to the required trailer with matching electrical hock up? Is
it then the M416?

Thank you
Dennis M. Hankey
M1009