Re: M1009 Title

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 21:12:29 PST

In Mississippi it is as easy to get a title with a title bond as it is
with a form 97 at least for me. My first SF 97 was one back in the
DRMO days which had the model year as unknown. Ended up getting a
title bond on it to. I can get one for $100.00 with same day service
and $50.00 with a long wait.

My experience from the DRMO days is that they issued a lot of SF 97
with errors that won't get you by at DMV these days. I bet it was as
many as 20%. What is the list experience with GL? Are they checking
and tossing the bad ones or are there still some with errors that will
stop you at DMV? Even the DMV here will kick it back if the serial
number and date of manufacture don't match.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi