Re: Helicopter Stuff

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 20:47:47 PST

While I'm on the subject of helicopters (and I seem to post this once a
year), does anyone have any leads on a (relatively) complete, non-flying
UH-1H? Yes, it'll work in the film industry here in Runwayproductionsville,

Canada - but if I have my way it will also show up at every mil-veh
collector's event, Airshow, veteran's event and A&W parking-lot Show & Shine

possible done up in its original colours as the honourable old warhorse it
is. www.uh-1.com? They've had nothing for nearly a year. AMARC? They've

nothing either. Tucson, AZ aviation-junkyards? Unless you're Sultan Swami
BellFleet the Third from Brunei - they won't even reply to your email.

I think we can do Museum-to-Museum transfer/ buy because we have both Museum
status and a Controlled Goods Certificate, but again - I've seen nothing
available for nearly a year - which is in itself endlessly puzzling because
the U.S. military was supposed to have all the remaining UH-1(X) family
things out of the system by May 05, and they can't *all* go to Colombia,
after all. (Like our Bell 212s. *cough*)

I can deal with damage and missing bits and bent tailbooms and what-not -
but I have to have something in a relative state of togetherness to begin
with. We've been offered a few things which look like balled-up bits of
cigarette-paper with the odd splotch of zinc chromate for local colour, but
since I like my puzzles with more than 2% of the pieces present I've just
kept looking.

Any help/pointers/wild-goose-chases appreciated in advance. I know a couple
of members of this list have tackled the Huey-thing successfully in the past
so I know the resources are out there to draw upon if the will is there.

Cheers.