Re: Ft Wolters ???

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 02:30:03 PST

Tom,
I live about 50 miles from "?" ( Camp - Fort - AFB ) Wolters. The main
base is now an Industrial Park, owned by the city of Mineral Wells. There
a Army Reserve or National Guard armor unit there, 49th Armor Div. I
think. A friend of mine owned the former motor pool for several years and
I kept DUKTAPE there for about 3 years. The helicopter ramp and hangers
are now privately owned and there was a company there that woked on small
civvy whirlybirds there. Don't know if they are still there or not. Been
a couple years since I was there.

I heard a group was trying to put together a museum for the Vietnam
pilots that trained out there, but haven't heard how they are
progressing.

Most of the training area ( boondocks ) is now a Texas State Park. The
rifle range is still in use during training weekends.
Regards,

Frank Cox
'Nam 1966, USAF
MVPA 14530