Correct Jeep radio antenna

From: The Alamo (thealamo@igb.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 07:03:08 PST

Mar 14 2006

Listers,
Can you tell me the difference between the following two telescopic
antennas for the WWII jeep radios??
- AN-29-C
- AN-45

I have a BC-659-H non working radio. I need the correct telescopic
antenna, the one that is stored on top of it with two web fasteners.
Which one is the correct one?

I plan to insert a modern stereo with cassette player to play military
music. I also have a audio cassette obtained by Vintage Video that has a
lot of bang/explosions, etc. as coming from a radio in wartime, to fool
people at rallies.
Problem is that I have to do holes in the original radio to insert the
stereo... The holes will detract from the radio value... I am still
planning (I have not yet found it...!!) a way to do it without making holes...

Any suggestion?
There was a gentleman in this list who mounted a stereo in a .50 cal. ammo
box!! The box was secured on the floor between the driver and the
passenger seat's. He did not explained how he did it and unfortunately, I
no longer have his posting due to a hard disk crash...

Any help/suggestion will be much appreciated!
Before I forget, do you know if there is a list concerning military
radios? Perhaps, a better idea will be to ask them!
Thank you!
Regards and remember:
Real Jeeps are O.D., all others are wannabees!
Raimondo

MVPA 15878 - IMPS 2320 - NRA Life Member