Re: 28VDC gasoline generator found

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 17:06:29 PST

> I got all the manuals from LOGSA and did PMCS as
> best I could. During PMCS
> and testing, I noticed these things it would need to
> be 'correct':
>
> 1. The original fuel pump is present but not plumbed
> in, probably needs
> rebuilt.
+++++++++
Most of that age have bad diaphragms, replace as
needed. Go to Saturn Surplus.

http://www.saturnsurplus.com/

> 2. No idea where the original fuel tank, if any, may
> be
++++++++
Might be a Jerry can.

> 3. Needs the little rubber boot covering the
> governor linkage passage
> replaced, it's missing and there is a resulting
> small amount of oily spray.
+++++++
Yeah, normal, Saturn Surplus.

> 4. no air filter or intake adapter, meaning that
> there needs to be rigged
> up one so that the valvetrain lubrication will work
> properly
+++++++
Same source as above. The bad fuel pump diphragm will
make that MUCH, MUCH worse!

> 5. no muffler, but it is surprisingly quiet anyway
++++++++
The muffler is usually under the sheetmetal, SS has
those, too.

> 7. carburetor needs needle and seat, as it dribbles
> out the air intake
> after a while when the engine is off.
++++++++=
SS has those, too, new carbs are cheap.

Don't lose the oil drain plug! I still haven't found
one to replace one that came up missing from GL, what
a surprise!

Joe