RE: HMMMV glowplug questions:

From: Tony Castagno (TCastagno@openspan.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 07:21:27 PST

Arthur,

There is a tool for extracting swollen plugs... I bought one and have
used it successfully; essentially the way it works is by keeping pulling
out pressure on the plug while slowly unscrewing the plug. This causes
the swollen tip to extrude as it being pulled back through the
threads... you need to go slow and be patient so as not to snap the
glow plug head tips off.... then you have to pull the head or possibly
fish it out through the glow plug well if you are a laparoscopic
surgeon... I can't recall where I bought it, it was 5 years ago...

Tony Castagno
Chief Technology Officer
Direct: 678-336-1939
Mobile: 404-512-9221