Re: Unimog insurance problems (Maine)

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2006 - 08:04:18 PST

Welcome to the wonderful world of Unimogs.

This sounds like a problem related to a specific state, and the name Unimog.

My suggestion is to ask on the mog mailing list, RMM site, try Kulak and see
if he knows anything. Heck, try Michael Smith, Dirk Rautenberg, Jim Ince
also, even though they're west coast. I'm in California - got rid of my mogs
years back, but it was a problem for me also. The DMV here has the same
issues - they have no clue what the actual characteristics are of air over
hydraulics, and straight air....I went to three DMV offices, in between
being sent to California Highway Patrol for technical inspection. Still no
joy. One of the CHP officers gave me the best advice - take it to a rural
DMV and process it there. I did and that took care of that.

Greg in Vista, CA

PS - hey Cliff, where are you?