Re: M151A2CDN Cage and Radio Setup

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 21:25:24 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Harris" <papercu@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] M151A2CDN Cage and Radio Setup

> In the U.S. they are called a "Lifting eye" and are used in the air drop
kit. The ones I've seen have all been on Marine issue jeeps. Wayne

The Army contract ones had the wheel-hub "lifting eyes" stock in the U.S.
and Canada (and everywhere else to my knowledge) but that picture we're
talking about doesn't show one of them. The USMC-contract M151s were
supposed to come with a square-ended plug deal instead of the Army-style
"lifting eye" for whatever reason, so I'm not sure what you mean when you
say "all been on Marine issue jeeps." Something special for LAPES skids
maybe??

(ref. old post http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/99-08/0452.html for add'l)