fuel leak M35

From: Arthur Bloom (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 08:50:20 PDT

Greetings, Green Collectors:

In travelling back to home base in my new 1971 M35, I noticed that a large
fuel leak from the injector pump area had developed. It was really a deluge
of fuel. I turned off the accessory switch, so that the in-tank fuel pump
would not run, and the leak was reduced a bit. I managed to get home, and
ran out of fuel in the driveway.

First I need to get a fuel oil truck into the driveway, and refill the tank.
Then I will attempt to get the truck started. Is there something I need to
do to prime a truck that has run out of fuel, or will the electric pump do
that?

Then I will need to see where the leak is. Will it be easier for the
mechanic to work on it if I remove the heater from the inside left fender?

Is there any advice that those of you who are experts in the multi-fuel
engine can give to my mechanic? He is younger than the truck, and has never
worked on one of these, but is very competent at what he does
(factory-trained Caterpillar engine repair for the ferry company). Any and
all suggestions appreciated.

Arthur P. Bloom, Pres.
www.M35products.com

If you wish to contact me off-list, my toll-free number is 866-749-0100

("Hello - my name is Albert Lyons, and I approve this message.")