Pseudo HMVs and Re enactors

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 07:50:29 PDT

Anyone out there using a URAL motorcycle with sidecar in WWII reenacting as
a Weremacht or captured BMW R71?
    Bought a 2006 Ural Gear Up (complete with factory machine gun hard point
on the side car) in Russian woodland green and am thinking it would look
better in grey with white outlined black crosses over painted with white
stars. At least maybe Dr. Deuce would let me follow his CCKW with it.
    A WLA was out of the question because it's too heavy for me to hold up
when stopped for anything more than a minute or two, let alone pick it up
unassisted if I drop it during a parade.
    Anyone know if there were any regulations issued by the Allies regarding
the marking of captured equipment and it's use?
    Did the US Constabulary Corp. run a lot of German equipment during the
occupation or period there after?
    If interested go to
http://www.imz-ural.com/ and click on the second
picture from the right over the 'URAL Cartoons' block.

    Regards,
    Ronzo