CUCV Thinking of converting 6.2 to 6.5

From: Chris Brunner (cjbrunner@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 09:20:37 PDT

I was considering converting the engine in my M1028 from the current
6.2L to a 6.5L - I understand that the 6.5 is a stronger engine, and
considering the type of driving that i do, I wanted to price out and
understand the difficulty of the conversion so that in the future I
could make a better decision.

I can find crate rebuilds for approximately $3K - core required. Can
you guys recommend reading materials for this conversion?

I don't want to get into an argument of why the 6.2 is a fine engine, I
agree it would work great in a military application, but in my

application of daily driving, highway, stop and go, and hauling, it just
doesn't seem to have the power I need to get around - and I'd rather get
all the information first just to see what's involved (yes, I am also
considering a banks kit).

Chris