Re: Dealers

From: dgrev (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 17:52:28 PDT

Jim

> Just leafing through the latest copy of 'Classic Military Vehicle'
> examining the adverts and generally perusing the web sites listed
> therein and it struck me, as usual, as to how many dealers still think
> that a buyer is going to troll halfway across the country/Europe/the
> world (delete as applicable) to buy a vehicle from them based on a
> postage stamp sized image on their web site?
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that bigger images and more of them means
> that there is more chance of a potential buyer turning up to look at the
> vehicle?

I couldn't agree with you more.

I can only assume one of the following applies.

1) Too lazy to do the effort required to take the pics and then
upload them to the website?

2) Paying for someone else to do their website, and too lousy to
pay for updates and extra bits?

3) Have been told they have to have a website and so they have, but
don't care/not interested/don't want to know, so pay it lip service
and then ignore it.

Last time I looked at Bannister's it was right up there for the award
of most pointless website ever made:

http://www.milweb.net/go/banister/

Chris Muy's comes a close 2nd.

http://www.milweb.net/go/chrismuys/

However, it is only because the competition haven't got a clue that
Marcus Glenn's site appears to be so much better. Most of the links
within his site lead to empty listings. A lot lead to nice pics of
parts but no prices - very annoying.

Regards
Doug