Re: Gas Prices?

From: David Bryant (wdbtchrm51@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 16:18:06 PDT

In the early 70's I used a water injector on my '68
Camaro running 11.25/1 compression. The water vapor
was supposed to cool the exhaust valves and let you
run lower octane gas. I still ran the highest octane
gas I could get to keep spark nocking down, but I did
get much better gas milage around 20% as I remember.
I got the idea after reading about them using water
injectors on fighter aircraft in WW2.

--- SGM PANTANO <TRUKS1@msn.com> wrote:

> When I used to race back in the 50's...we added (
> about 15 per tank full -
> or a block of camphor)..moth balls...and/or ether in
> those little aluminum
> cans.. We punched a hole in the can and dropped the
> whole can into the fuel
> tank.. They were about three times taller than a
> 35m/m film can --and about
> twice the diameter///Went right into the tank.. They
> worked !!!
> If we poured the ether in...we lost over half due to
> evaporation..
> Gene
>

> > So, since the ethanol-based gas is going to get
> 25% less mileage, what do
> > we add to the tank to get it back up? Granddad
> used to put a quart of
> > diesel in for every 20 gallons.. I used to do this
> regularly in my
> > carbureted 86 chrysler park avenue and got about
> 2MPG more going from
> > 15mpg
> > to 17. Later I went to 2ounces of acetone per 10
> galons, and that worked
> > very well, even better like 18 mpg. These things
> might not work on modern
> > fuel injected vehicles and acetone's benefits are
> ruined by the alcohol in
> > gasohol blends.
> >
> > we pay $3 for gas and the oil companies made
> record profits. go figure. On
> > the ligher side, diesel for the MV is cheaper than
> gas again. sick...

> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to
> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> Visit the searchable archives at